2002 Nov 14 22:27

[vox] Nov. 25th RoseLUG meeting - Tux Paint

[vox] Nov. 25th RoseLUG meeting - Tux Paint

The Linux Users' Group of Roseville, California
will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday, November 25, 2002, 6:30pm - 9:30pm

Topic is: Tux Paint

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/

Reviews:
  Linux Magazine
  November 2002
  While it won't help you produce a Hollywood blockbuster like Cinelerra, Tux
  Paint will keep your kids (and you) entertained for hours on end.

  Linux Journal
  October 2002
  When I want to see how good a program of this type is, I show my kids and
  let them go at it. If they're asking for it the next time they log in, I've
  got a winner.

  Linux-Magazin
  A German Linux magazine, October 2002
  New Breed Software published Tux Paint, a program which accompanies children
  with their first artistic steps at the computer.

  Revista do Linux
  A Brazilian Linux magazine, September 2002
  The young artists can also be benefited with Linux to start to create their
  own artistic works.

Presented by Bill Kendrick

  Bill Kendrick has been writing classic-style video games ever since he was a
  kid (when they were "modern").  Bill fell in love with Unix while studying
  Computer Science at Sonoma State University, so the move from 'no real
  computer to speak of' to Linux in 1998 was a natural one.

  Bill co-founded and helps run the Linux Users Group of Davis, where he's
  learned a lot about the Free Software movement, Open Source and the
  intricacies of Linux (and the people who use it).

  In 2001, with the development of "Tux, of Math Command" (still unfinished),
  Bill joined the loose collection of developers, testers, packages and users
  known as the "Tux4Kids" project, which "Tux Paint" is part of.  Bill also
  uses his 'New Breed Software' name to release other, less educational Linux
  software, like "Defendguin" and "Bug Squish."

The meeting will be held at:

  Nerdbooks
  911 Washington Blvd
  Roseville, CA 95678
  http://www.nerdbooks.com
  916-677-1400

The new and improved website can be found here:
   http://www.rosevillelug.org

The old RoseLUG web site is still here:

Coming up!

December 30,2002      OPEN

January  27,2003      Tcat Houser                  Open Office

February 24,2003      Rajendra (Raj) Shrivastava   MySQL

March    31,2003      Richard Harke                qt

April    28,2003      OPEN

Regards,
Verbus M. Counts, Coordinator
verbus@hotmail.com