2002 Nov 15 10:51

Re: [vox] code sleuths needed - cheating suspected

Re: [vox] code sleuths needed - cheating suspected

i'd like to take off points for no commenting and poor formatting, but
it's hard to when the class is pass/nopass.   i don't have the "playing
field" that a normal A+ - F class does.

but anyway, my experience is that if you force people to comment, you'll
end up with comments like:

   // i is an index variable
   //
   for (i=2; i<10; ++i)
   {
      V[i] = blah(i);
   }

because most people just don't think of anything more interesting to
say.  like:

   // We start i at 2 because of boundary conditions.  V[0] == 0 is a
   // gauge choice and V[1] == 0 is due to spherical symmetry.
   //
   for (i=2; i<10; ++i)
   {
      V[i] = blah(i);
   }

you really can't force people to comment if they don't want to.
otherwise you just get garbage.

pete

you can't really force people to comment.
begin Bob <bob@maccione.com>