2002 Oct 30 19:07

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody new install - eth0 issues

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Debian Woody new install - eth0 issues

begin Richard Burkhart <richard@khanfusion.net>
> Sorryaboutthat ...  Last night when I posted the output to you, I'd entered
> "route".  That gave me the single-line of output from last night.

and route didn't return.  in other words, you didn't get a bash prompt.

> This morning, after seeing someone else's email on list, I entered "route
> +n"  That's when I got the 2-line output that I sent to you.
>
>    ** ** **
>
> I entered:
> > ifconfig eth0 down
> > ifconfig eth0 (ip address) up
> > route add default gw 192.168.1.254
>
> at ROUTE ADD ... I got:
>   default: Host Name lookup failure
>
> ???huuuuuuuuhh??

i need to go to bill and melissa's wedding right now.  hopefully someone
will take over.

but this narrows it down considerably.

btw, dumb question.  did you check your log files?  if so, which ones?
have you looked at your dmesg output?

pete