2002 Oct 29 17:21

Re: [vox] Any debian developer to sponsor my packages?

Re: [vox] Any debian developer to sponsor my packages?

to my knowledge, we currently have no debian maintainers on the list.
awhile ago drew parsons was on the lists but his postdoc ended and he's
back in australia now.   drew was an awesome lugod member.  very active.
he was the one who finally got me to install debian.

i've played with making debian packages, but never really had the time
to pursue becoming a package maintainer.  hopefully, when someone takes
over my officership position with lugod i'll have extra time to pursue
becoming a maintainer.  that's actually one of the reasons why i'm not
going to run for officer of anything next term.

joseph carter (who ran for debian project leader 2 terms ago) told me
that it's harder to become a maintainer than it should be these days.
if you don't have the willpower or time, you might want to do a web
search for a repository of debianized software that hasn't made it to
the distribution proper.  debianplanet seems like a good place to look
for such a thing.  if no such repository exists, it should!

pete

begin Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu>