2002 Oct 29 16:26

Re: [vox] Linus on Microsoft...

Is Linux good enough for the naive PC user?  I think not now...
Maybe soon, but not now.

I suspect that the penetration of Linux will start within
companies and canned computing appliances and will slowly gain
share as Microsoft licensing and pricing cause more companies
to reconsider the nature of their  computing base.  This will
have a snowball effect where flavors of Linux have a larger
market share so there are more people that can help people with
their problems and recommend Linux to their friends.

We should really be cheering for Microsoft's licensing schemes
that make it more difficult for companies and users to not
purchase their software, because that will start to drive the
users to Linux as people get fed up.

Joel