2002 Oct 24 14:18

Re: [vox] Possible talks by Micah Cowan

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 02:07:01PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:30:18PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:11:30AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > hi lugod,
> > >
> > > micah cowan has offered to give a talk at one of our meetings.  as an
> > > unofficial poll, what topics would people like to hear about most?
> >
> > Perhaps if we have a few extra-popular subjects, Micah would be willing
> > to do more than one talk?  (They wouldn't, of course, have to be in a
> > row, necessarily.)
>
> Absolutely (So far, C99 followed by DocBook or XML seem possible).

With the E-mail talk thrown in there somewhere.

Since the E-mail talk would be one of the least technical, I was
thinking it should be thrown in between technical talks, so that
the less technical folks won't be bored of overly-advanced talks, and
the more technical folks won't be bored of stuff they learned decades
ago.

-Micah