2002 Oct 23 22:06

RE: [vox] Neither a rocker nor a mocker

<sigh>  I recall feeling very 'mocked' a while ago myself, it wasn't Rick
either.  I also recall being very pissed about it and taking it of the list
at the time.

I believe part of it was for using Outlook as an email client and one or two
other misinterpreted out of context items..................

Now, let's everyone step away from the keyboard. :)

-sp

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry S [mailto:gnulinux@rosecomputing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 4:47 PM
To: vox@lists.lugod.org
Subject: Re: [vox] Neither a rocker nor a mocker

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:52:16PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> ok rick, now i'm starting to get really pissed.

You being pissed, or Rick being pissed has nothing to do with the matter at
hand. Cool down, take a little time to think about what you said.

I personally think you are overreacting. The mailing list works well as is.
It's pretty much self moderating. I don't feel it needs a Moderator, nor does
it need rules against "mocking". I've seen posts by you that in my opinion
mock, ridicule, and demean others. When you have been out of line people have
told you so and that's the end of it.

> frankly, all 400+ people on our mailing lists fully understand the
> issue.

I doubt they do. And those that do understand the issue don't necessarily
agree with you. I wanted to keep out of this thread, or email you privately,
but your recent posting forces me to post to the list.

> YOU are the only person who seems to have a problem.  deal with it.

Peter,
I also have a problem with your opinion on mocking.
(and your treatment of Rick)

You are a well respected member of lugod who has spend countless hours
helping Lugod, and even more helping advocate Linux. Also, you are a very
intelligent man with a wealth of knowledge. I like you, and I bet Rick likes
you. However, when you post message like this, you do yourself a disservice.

> stay.  or unsubscribe.  at this point, i don't care.  but in either
> case, i am _REALLY_ done with this "only rick moen" thread.

I've said my peace.
Hopefully nobody unsubscribes, and more importantly hopefully nobody is
censored for speaking their mind -- even when some mocking is involved.