2002 Oct 23 19:24

Re: [vox] Neither a rocker nor a mocker

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:52:16PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> ok rick, now i'm starting to get really pissed.

You being pissed, or Rick being pissed has nothing to do with the matter
at hand. Cool down, take a little time to think about what you said.

I personally think you are overreacting. The mailing list works well as
is. It's pretty much self moderating. I don't feel it needs a Moderator,
nor does it need rules against "mocking". I've seen posts by you that in
my opinion mock, ridicule, and demean others. When you have been out of
line people have told you so and that's the end of it.

> frankly, all 400+ people on our mailing lists fully understand the issue.

I doubt they do. And those that do understand the issue don't
necessarily agree with you. I wanted to keep out of this thread, or
email you privately, but your recent posting forces me to post to the
list.

> YOU are the only person who seems to have a problem.  deal with it.

Peter,
I also have a problem with your opinion on mocking.
(and your treatment of Rick)

You are a well respected member of lugod who has spend countless hours
helping Lugod, and even more helping advocate Linux. Also, you are a
very intelligent man with a wealth of knowledge. I like you, and I bet
Rick likes you. However, when you post message like this, you do
yourself a disservice.

> stay.  or unsubscribe.  at this point, i don't care.  but in either
> case, i am _REALLY_ done with this "only rick moen" thread.

I've said my peace.
Hopefully nobody unsubscribes, and more importantly hopefully nobody is
censored for speaking their mind -- even when some mocking is involved.