2002 Oct 23 14:26

Re: [vox] Neither a rocker nor a mocker

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
> Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p@dirac.org):
>
> > but under no circumstances does anyone's opinion deserve to be mocked.
>
> As stated, if you plan on implementing a list rule requiring that
> people's statements be immune from criticism, by all means put it on

constructive criticism is allowed.

mockery is not.

> > fwiw, if anybody mocked YOUR arguments, i'd react to them the same way i
> > reacted to you.
>
> When I've stated something irrational or illogical, I appreciate people
> telling me that it is so, and am mature enough to not take personal
> offence.  If you bar people from doing that, you have done me no favour.

i would never interfere with anyone pointing out when you're irrational
or illogical.  that includes your opinion and arguments.

i will interfere if they mocked you.  this includes your argument or
your opinion.  for better or worse, that's the way things work here.

i feel like i've said all this already.

pete