2002 Oct 22 00:57

Re: [vox] Interview Questions

1. if your only medium is chat then you are in trouble.  certainly it;'
usuable as a quick pre-screening process but I would never want to take a
chat session as the way to come up with a final determination.  Frankly,
in some cases, it's much better by phone or in person.  I am a big
proponent of the one on one and then the group interview (where everyone
appears as peers and presents issues to see not only how the candidate
responds techjnically but how they approach an answer...)

2. look at how quickly (s)he answers a question, ask questions that don't
just have a strictly simple x/y/z answer....rather, "*How* would YOU
address making X process go easier for us in an IT environment?" "Name a
situation where you found yourself needing help, and how did you go about
seeking it, and what did you learn from it?"  etc etc.  Ask questions that
not only test rote memory but thinking process...

Joseph Estevao Arruda		|	zeruch.deviantart.com
Meme Bender & Pundit @ large	|	z@precog.com
"The only thing I value less than your existence is your opinion" -z