2002 Oct 22 00:54

Re: [vox] Interview Questions

begin karthikeyan <karthikeyan@aspiresys.com>
> Hi All,
>
>   I am trying to find a right guy for the linux system administrators job.
> Ofcourse my medium of interview would be through chat and its very easy for
> candidates to search the answer through net and get the reply.  So what is
> the reliable way to ensure that what he is typing is a geninue answer.  Do i
> have to frame the toughest question ever prepared so far or somebody can
> point me to some resource from where i can ask question to assess his
> knowledge on Linux with out doubt that he cant find answer for that question
> through Google or other search engines.
>
>   Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
>
>   Regards,
>
> karthikeyan.

not to be contrary, but i honestly think you have it backwards here.
i'd ask the question:

where do you first look for answers to any linux question you have?

if their answer doesn't include google groups, you have the wrong guy.

there's a basic knowledge that any serious admin needs, but beyond that,
google, google groups and good mailing lists are worth much more than a
lazy know-it-all.

pete