2002 Oct 21 11:43

Re: [vox] One more test...I promise!

begin Ted Deppner <ted@psyber.com>
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 06:31:58PM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> > Can the header appear without a yes, and will that allow the message to
> > still be archived? The reason I ask is that I'm using pine--the only way I
> > can see to do this is to add X-No-Arc to my header, but leave it blank.
> > That way, when I want to send a test message, I can just hit CTRL-R and
> > put "yes" in the header.
>
> Humbly suggest you switch to mutt (not to start a MUA war, it's just what
> I'm familiar with that solves some problems).  You can enter any header
> you want, and you can also bounce messages to yourself locally, thus
> obviating the need to send them to a list to test things like procmail
> rules.

i wasn't going to mention this, but now that ted brings it up...

i was a _hardcore_ pine user.  loved it.  couldn't imagine using
anything else.  thought everyone else was crazy.

took me about a week to get used to mutt, but once i did, i found that
pine is to mutt as pico is to vim.  it's just not even a fair
comparison.

anyway, i'm an example of a pine lover who got converted.  :)

pete