2002 Oct 17 22:19

Re: [vox] Yet another reason to avoid Microsoft

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 22:02, Ryan wrote:

> On Thursday 17 October 2002 02:19 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > BWA HA HA HA!!!!  that's a _great_ one!
> >
> > btw, check out:
> >
> > http://www.aceshardware.com/polls/
> >
> > the numbers have changed considerably since last night.
>
> Any idea why? Some geek wrote a script to use a few dozen open proxys to vote?
>
> Posted to a pro linux site?
>
> - --

Its made some rounds with other Linux mailing lists for sure. Open
Proxy? Maybe, but not by me :). I'm honest :).

Actually, had to have Omsoft take their transparent down as it soemtimes
interfered with some parts of the web, such as Slashdot. Actually, was
kinda annoying when it would tell you that someone else had already
voted from your IP, no doubt on some form of Cowboyneal...

Matt