2002 Oct 11 14:03

Re: [vox] Which Window Manager/Desktop do you use?

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:28:58PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> What I love best about sawfish is how easy it is to asign a key-combo
> to pretty much every activity you can think of. A friend of mine, who
> *hates* using the mouse if he can at all avoid it, has his sawfish set
> up so he can move windows around, resize 'em, move 'em to other
> viewports, etc., without ever moving his hand over to the mouse.

That's how I have it set up at work.  I kinda miss it at home with KDE 2.2.
Anyone know if KDE 3.0 has any better shortcut facilities?

On my box here at work:

  F1 - Terminal
  F2 - New browser window
  F3 - Gimp
  F4 - Calculator
  F8 - Star Office

  Pause/Break         - Lock screen
  Shift + Pause/Break - Pause / Play CD player

  Kp-PgUp        - Verticle maximize current window (toggle)
  Ctrl + Kp-PgUp - Maximize current window (toggle)
  Kp-Arrows      - Move current window
  Kp-Minus       - Minimize current window

  Alt-Tab              - Switch window
  Alt + Arrows         - Switch to different viewport
  Ctrl + Alt + Arrows  - Move current window while switching viewport

  Windows + E  - E-mail client (balsa)
  Windows + N  - New browser window
  Menu         - Pop-up 'Run command' dialog

I really only use the mouse to highlight / paste text and click links
in Netscape (and use Gimp).