2002 Oct 03 12:10

Re: [vox] ucsb outlaws win2k and NT 4.0 from its resnet

Re: [vox] ucsb outlaws win2k and NT 4.0 from its resnet

1) Dorms at UCD are ~$2,000 / quarter.
	So that's roughly $650 / month.
	Rent with a roommate is roughly $350 / month.
	$100 / month for utilities.
	So $200 / month for DC food and an Internet connection.

2) $1 setup fee isn't bad, unless they intend to:
	A) Rate limit my connection
	B) NAT me
	C) Filter incoming connections
	Then I wouldn't even pay a $1 for it.

-Tom

BTW, UCSB has awful bandwidth in the dorms (relatively speaking).
80 KB / sec from UCD -> UCSB.  A CD every two hours... Ok that's not so bad
:).  But on DSL at home I get 150 KB / sec.