2002 Oct 03 11:02

Re: [vox] ucsb outlaws win2k and NT 4.0 from its resnet

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:13:00AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:26:04AM -0700, dugan@passwall.com wrote:
> > Here, I would go one step further in the line of the BOFH, and have a
> > function that is linear at least, or exponential at best.
> > Say, "Deposit=$100(incident)" or "Deposit=$10^(incident)"
>
> Does this mean that if you have no incidents, you still owe $1?  ;^)

Hmm. a $1 hookup fee? Not a bad deal. PacBell charges much, much more,
and monthly fees to boot. Students in dorms on campus get equiv of T1
speed (or faster, depending) without monthly fees for network service
like I must pay from my home.

Of course, I would agre about the $1 fee if it went into *my* pocket.
Perhaps I will suggest that at the next meeting and see how far I can
run with it. :-D

-ME