2002 Sep 30 09:18

[vox] China debuts own CPU and 'Linux'

Check out the following /. article:
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/09/28/2324243.shtml?tid=137

     The People's Daily announced their Soaring Dragon 'Linux' server
running on a RISC CPU called the Dragon Chip.
My question is:
is it under the GPL?
     I don't think so - the PD article mentions the Shuguang Co. and
intellectual property rights for the OS and the CPU.  I think these systems
will only be found in large companies and won't revolutionize PC and
small-business systems in China.  The Chinese home PC will still probably
be using an x86 CPU running some PIRATED Windows OS and apps.  D'Oh! The
hypocrite speaks.

Grüss
Edwin