2002 Sep 26 08:47

Re: [vox] Re: nblug library?

On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 10:56:25AM -0700, ME wrote:
> Heya,
>
> We, over at nblug, were looking into addint a position to our lug like you
> have: "Librarian"
>
> For those who have acted in this capacity at this lug, could you offer
> suggestions to one of our members who is looking to tackle this
> responsibility?

I don't recall if Henry ever responded (he's our current librarian, and
has done a lot of work automating the book index), but I was our
original librarian.

People got fed up with the site being out of date (since I was busy
doing tons of other stuff at LUGOD - president and/or vice at the same time,
webmaster at the same time, acted as public relations (now there's an
appointed officer position, which I currently hold along with webmaster)). :^)

Anyway, you'll need a few things, in my opinion:

  1. Room to store it all
  2. A rubber stamp or some stickers to mark the items as 'Property of NBLUG'
  3. Some way to keep track of what you have, and what's checked out
     (and by whom, and when)
  4. A way to publish #3 on the website for people to look over

Maybe I'm tired, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. :^)
Good luck!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/