2002 Sep 24 20:45

Re: [vox] server backups

Under *nix systems, backing up generally involves using tape back-ups.
cpio, I think, is the tool.  Backing up remotely generally involves NFS
sharing the system, then backing up the NFS share from a different system.

Obviously you don't wanna do this over the Internet.  Then again, you
shouldn't back up a system over the Internet for security reasons anyway
using whatever OS or software.

I hope that helps, though it prolly didn't... :(

-Mark

PS: Hey... check this out: dump, restore

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002, colin kelly wrote:

> does anyone know of any backup utilitys that you can use in linux remotly so
> you can download the content of your server to your own computer in a gziped
> file ?

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.