2002 Sep 24 12:54

Re: [vox] LCD Projector loan from IBM

Today, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:13:45PM -0700, Doug Huckaba wrote:
> > At the MadDog meeting there was a guy from the software division of IBM
> > that asked to be contacted after the meeting regarding borrowing an LCD
> > project for IBM for future meetings.
> >
> > I was wondering if that ever panned out or if LUGOD is still without
> > access to a projector.
>
> Well, loan-wise, yeah, it did 'pan out.'
>
> I assume it was at the last meeting, and will, so far, be at the
> next two.  (I'm not sure if either November meeting will need one.)
>

> Why? ;)

I also work for IBM, if he had flaked I was going to check into what I
could do.

I've always tried to keep my professional and personal lives seperate.
To that end I don't normally represent my employer at my social functions.
It never occured to me to check into borrowing a projector from work. I
don't normally make it to the meetings, but when he offered, it occured to
me that it was a good idea and this should be an exception to my rule and
it might give me a good reason for leaving work at a reasonable hour so
that I could attend more meetings.

-doug