2002 Sep 24 20:19

Re: [vox] server backups

I have had some problems with tar -> CD in the past because a corrupted
stream makes it difficult to retrieve files after that point.  BRU uses
a more complicated format and can verify the contents of the archive
against the CD, tape, file archive, etc.

On possibility is to use rsync or some other software that mirrors the
content between two machines.

Joel