2002 Sep 18 12:56

Re: [vox] The Dotties

rick, your email moved me to write to the people in charge of the
dotties.  so i pointed my browser to:

http://www.thedotties.com/

and music started blasting out of my speakers (bill is to javascript as
i'm to music embeded in webpages.  it's my personal pet peeve).

anyway.

i started looking for a contact email address so i can write to these
morons.  after searching for a full 10 minutes, i finally found a single
solitary email contact.

at the bottom of each page so you can report problems?   nooooo.....
on the sponsors page?  noooooo.....
on the current nominations page?  noooooo....
on the "how it works" page?   nooooo.....

the only email contact i can find is buried in their "privacy
statement".   i don't know about you, but that's EXACTLY where i'd
expect to find a contact email address.   shyeah, right.

now, maybe the reason why they make it so hard to contact them is
because they don't want a bunch of irate people disparaging them because
of their inane choice of what makes a good website.  that's almost
understandable.  after all, it IS kind of a volatile subject.

but what if....   what if...   what if....

what if they had a problem with a page their website?  like, mmmmm.... i
don't know, how about:

   http://www.thedotties.com/sponsors/index.cfm

why should i have to hunt in their "privacy statement" in order to find
an email contact to report this problem?

btw, you can reach this page by going to their main webpage
(http://www.thedotties.com) and click on the "sponsors" link.   not only
are these people morons, but now they're pissing off their own sponsors.

i was going to report this page, but i'll just let them find it
themselves.  we'll see if they look at their logs.

man, you'd think that a group of people that claim to know what a good
website is would have their shit together.  doesn't their webmaster
CHECK the pages he puts onto their server?!?

sheesh!

pete

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>