2002 Sep 17 19:06

Re: [vox] Re: Free Pentium Computer

Ok.  Let's see.  Situation as I understand it: two computers are being
offered that I know of.  One by Henry's friend, and one by George.  Two
people that I know of, and possibly more, are looking for computers:
Bill and me.  Henry's friend's computer might be at the meeting tonight,
for anyone who will claim it.  George, it sounds like, is offering to drop
his machine off anywhere in Davis.

I'm trying to work things out for the best for all parties involved.  I
don't have a car, and it's looking like I probably won't have time for the
meeting tonight anyway.  Perhaps this is for the best, since someone else
wants the computer and my roommate doesn't seem to be in a *huge* hurry to
get a computer.  I would, however, be interested in George's offer if it
hasn't been promised elsewhere.

Sorry for the confusion, and many thanks for Doug's kind offer even though
it looks like I probably won't be taking it.

Thanks all :)
Alex

> I would be willing to help you out, Alex.
>
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Alexandra Thorn wrote:
>
> > > I've got a Pentium Pro 185 with an undetermined amount of Ram and a 1 gig or
> > > so hard drive that needs a good home.  Free to a needy student, retiree, or
> > > anyone who really needs a free computer.  I'll drop it off anyplace in
> > > Davis....
> > >
> > > Let me know...
> > > George
> >
> > My roommate is computer-less and I was thinking of trying to claim the
> > computer Henry was posting about for her.  However, I do not have a car,
> > and my roommate is out of town.  If you are willing to drop it off, that
> > would be fantastic for me.  Let me know!
> >
> > Thanks :)
> > --Alex

> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug@dooglio.net
> http://www.dooglio.net
>
> vi: "The way God meant for man to edit text files..."
>
> GPG Fingerprint: FE6A 6A57 2B95 7594 E534  BFEE 45F1 9E5E F30A 8A27
> GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg

"For behold, a 386!  A spectacle of graphics and sound!"
                                    --Strongbad