2002 Sep 15 00:36

Re: [vox] [OT] cell phone question

Today, Rusty Minden wrote:

> I like AT&T for service area coverage and the price is not bad.
> In regards to phones DO NOT BUY AN ERICSON I have had two and
> they were both crap!! I have nothing but good luck with Nokia,
> but the smaller model phone has some coverage issues due to the
> internal antenna (your thunb can cut your signal if you are not
> careful).
>
> Rusty

I would agree with Rusty on all points and would add that my nokia 6162
gets a signal (or stronger signal) where my friends nokia 5160 does not.

FWIW my parents tried pacbell a year or so ago and had very bad
experiences with coverage. They are now with ATT and are happier. ATT
service is a bit more than others, but the coverage makes up for it.

-doug