2002 Sep 13 16:48

[vox] another microsoft evil

bill, this would be a good thing for the MS page:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=562&ncid=738&e=8&u=/ap/20020913/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_word_bug

summary:

   Attacker sends the victim a bugged document, usually with a request
   that the document be revised and returned to the sender.  When the
   document is changed and sent back, the file the attacker wants to
   steal is attached.

   The problem has been around for many years.

   But here's the best part:

   Microsoft says it will offer a security fix only for people who have
   the most recent version of MS Office.

pete