January 6: Social gathering
2002 Sep 11 14:58

Re: [vox] Learning DocBook

hi jake,

that's the webpage where i learned docbook from.   coupled with my
knowledge of html, it was pretty damned easy.  the hard parts are
remember all the different tags (that's why i always keep a browser open
when i write docbook).   also, list environments are more complicated
than they should be.

as for compiling docbook, it can be a nightmare to learn.  i never
would've been able to figure it out had it not been for henry and micah.

also, looking at other HOWTO's docbook source was pretty helpful too.
it gave me an idea of how other people write docbook, and ideas about
indentation schemes (which is nearly crucial in docbook!).

pete

begin Jake LeBeau <jlebeau@nyx.net>