2002 Sep 10 11:56

RE: [vox] Best messaging client for Linux!

RE: [vox] Best messaging client for Linux!

Psi -- psi.sf.net

Jabber client running on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X platforms (Using QT3).
You just need to find a spiffy server that has the transports you need
(AIM, ICQ, MSN, etc).  www.jabberview.com has a list.  The UI takes a page
from an old ICQ or Licq instead of AIM; which I like.  Bloated IM is not my
bag.  It's highly customizable as it is and you can always play with the
source too :).

The drawbacks are it's missing polish (easy of setup mostly) and file
transfers are still being worked on.  It has basic file transfers kinda
like KDE3 and it's quick file sharing.

-Tom