2002 Sep 09 14:17

[vox] Open Source Advocate fired from HP...

[vox] Open Source Advocate fired from HP...

I read today that Bruce Perens has been fired from HP for
"Microsoft-Baiting."  It is likely this is a reference to his recent
development of the "Sincere Choice" organization as his reaction to the
Microsoft and Intel led (and badly named) "Software Choice" initiative.

It seems like HP/Compaq has now decided the reality as the largest seller of
Microsoft and Intel-based configurations it can no longer compete with IBM
on the enterprise side with any strength.  And so saying, they may provide a
configured Linux distribution, but they have to ride an uncomfortable fence.

Anyway - I wrote him a note of support and said on behalf of LUGOD that if
he ever had the time we'd love to hear from him.  I hope I didn't speak out
of turn.  Bill, if you're interested - you might voice the same idea with a
little more persuasion his email is bruce@perens.com

I wrote up an entry for anyone that hasn't heard of him -
http://weblog.kestrelworks.com/archives/000148.html

Regards,
MIKE…
Make your Information your KnowlEDGE