2002 Sep 21 20:59

RE: [vox] Open Office vs MS

Importing an exporting between M$ Office and OO work fairly well, but not
perfectly. For example, I opened a DOC file using OO here at work, and the
tech writer who wrote it saw it up on my machine and commented about
formatting problem. "Hmm, I thought I fixed that." I had to explain that I
was using a different app to open his document. So, OO is not perfect.

Having said that, I have found the same problem exists when attempting to
open a Word 97 document in Word 2000.

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net

vi: "The way God meant for man to edit text files..."

GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg