January 6: Social gathering
2002 Sep 09 10:40

Re: [vox] linux in schools or municipalities

Re: [vox] linux in schools or municipalities

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:59:02AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
<snip>

> I am planning on writing a letter to my local school district. If anyone
> is interested, I would welcome signatures.

If we do this, it might be a good idea to try to get signatures around
the Co-Op.

If there's one thing I've noticed in the last year or two, we
Linux zealots are NOT the only people who are really disgusted with
Microsoft.

People I've met at various other "PC" user groups and SIGs all have the
same 'bad taste' in their mouth.  Unfortunately, they seem to feel they're
stuck.

The kind of people who are _actually_ PRO-Microsoft seem few and far between.
(only two people I've met here at work; although we're actually just a
big Solaris/Oracle shop, so maybe this isn't the best place to look ;^) )