2002 Sep 03 14:21

Re: [vox] nvidia

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 03:09:06AM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> dmitriy,
>
> i've been doing alot of research, and i can confirm those prices.
>
> the quadro4, *lowest* end model can clock in as low as $400.  i've seen
> the higher end models break $1500.

To be honest I don't really keep track of quadro, but I'd like 1500 one
:-)

> also, you can the geforce4 for $200, but depending on clock speed and
> core chipset, can get to be $400.

I know you can get 4200 for around 200 or even less, and it is great
deal, but he specifically stated GF4 4600 ("The top of the line Nvidia
card aimed at PC workstations is the Geforce 4 TI 4600 is about $200"),
AFAIK the prices are still between $300-350, or even more for this one.

> the problem is that nvidia, like many other video card manufacturers,
> has so many damned models, it's totally confusing.

Well, IMO quite easy GF4 4200, 4400, 4600.

What I really dislike is selling castarted GeForce 2 under label of
Gefroce 4 MX, which confuses many people who don't really keep up with
this stuff, thinking they buy real GeForce 4, while MX is nowhere near.

--
	GPG key-id: 1024D/DF04A255                 Dmitriy
	AA16 8FAB 74E1 3511 83D0  9F4B F087 CEC9 DF04 A255