2002 Sep 03 19:45

Re: [vox] question: privacy policy

Here is my .02

I believe that all LUG organizations should have a privacy
policy that prohibits the distribution of the membership
information in any form.

Each member (or participant) should seek out any and all
publication of their own views and personal information. It
is the organizations responsibility to protect the
membership privacy.

In other organizations the Server that contains the LUG
information (website, membership pages, email lists and
archived email) could be owned by a non-lug organization.
This information could be subject to distribution based on
the co-location and/or the hosting agreement.

It is paramount that all organizations protect their
membership and privacy.

-- Andy Wergedal

ok I'm off the soap box...