January 6: Social gathering
2002 Sep 01 11:30

[vox] Colocation...

Someone mentioned they used an out of state colocation service on this
list.

I am looking for 1U unit server colocation services in the US, preferrably
in California. "Cheap" is the first concern. The whole "5-nines" uptime
does not need apply. They dont even need UPS. This is essentially a
hobbiest server colocation, not for e-commerce. Throttled bandwidth down
to 512kbps is acceptable, but total monthly bandwidth can go to 10GB/month
or 15GB/month.

I am looking for suggestions. (After googling for it, I have parsed
through about 60 different ISPs offering colocation services. I now have 5
on my list based on price and what appears to be good service.

One of the better ones is: (inforelay)
$69/month, 1.544Mbps, 5 IP, 15GB/month transfer, Setup waived for 4 month
signup, 5 minutes UPS, includes 1 "iuncident" (remote reboot) for me per
month

I have found some that are lower in initial price, but the "hidden
costs" push the price up well beyond the starting prices. (There was a
service at $50/month for 10GB, but there was something about the web pages
that made me think twice. :-/

Any of you have suggestions on other services that you use?

Thanks!
-ME