2002 Aug 31 02:21

Re: [vox] davis: blood strike

I know this would add to the startup cost in a prohibitive way, but what
if it wasn't a bunch of lined up PCs but some kind of custom built gaming
station that really added to the whole _ambiance_ thing you already
mentioned.  You could go with a stripped down linux OS for the backbone
(just X, graphics driver, sound driver, networkign, the games).  Then you
could have some full screen, custom built, slick interface, to choose
which game you wanted.  It could be
more like an arcade, but still network gaming PC style (with standard PC
equipment inside some kind of pimp looking case (kinda like a MAME-case
on steroids).

I picture myself in some kind of crazy chair, in front of some huge
screen...