2002 Aug 30 02:27

[vox] NBLUG shwoing of "Revolution OS" has been cancelled and postponed!

[vox] NBLUG shwoing of "Revolution OS" has been cancelled and postponed!

Hello everyone!

Eric brought up the question about the HP DVD copy of "Revolution OS" and
our right to show it in such a public event. He asked Augie who confirmed
the leading text of the video on his DVD states it is for in-home viewing
only and not for public presentation.

I have contacted the creator of the film, and he is fine with us showing
this movie *after* there are no more bay area venues showing it. (I have
permission for this in my inbox.) Many of us have agreed, not showing it
yet is the best thing we can do for legality, and respect for the
work. The show in San Jose has been held over for another week, and they
are looking to add a Berkeley show too. After Berkeley, they have no Bay
Area plans.

The new DVD should be ready by the end of September. I will be ordering a
copy of this, and if anyone else wants a copy, let me know and we can do a
group purchase. (I have notices from a few people on this, but will send
out a notice to the nblug list when I have more info.) In a previous
e-mail from him, he guessed it might cost $25 +S&H but that was just a
guess.

We do not yet have a new date or time for the NBLUG Showing of "Revolution
OS". It will, however, take place after September, and will likely be on a
Saturday at the SSU Library in the Media room. If we assume the film is 2
hours long with all of the extra footage and interviews not in the one
given away by HP, and we know the library closes at 5:00pm on Saturdays,
then we can start a showing at 2:00pm on some saturday at the SSU
library. A saturday viewing makes more sense, because weekdays require
parking passes at $2.50 each, *and* the "free parking" on east cotati ave
is no longer free for parking. A saturday viewing allows for free parking
on campus.

Sorry about this change in plans!

-ME