2002 Aug 28 22:39

[vox] [fwd] CylantSecure -- linux IDS

I briefly exchanged biz. cards with the CylantSecure folks at
LinuxWorld.

They sent me this nice personal message, with a note about their
free pricing for education & students.

Enjoy!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org

----- Forwarded message from scottw@cylant.com -----

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:04:49 -0700
From: scottw@cylant.com
Subject: CylantSecure -- linux IDS
To: Bill Kendrick <pr@lugod.org>

Hello Bill,

We met briefly at LinuxWorld last week.  I just wanted to get an
email off to you confirming what I told you about our rather
compelling pricing for CylantSecure for educational institutions
and students.  Free.

CylantSecure can be downloaded from our website at:
    http://www.cylant.com/products/cs2/downloads/

Or, for larger roll-outs, we can ship CDs to the appropriate
people.

I don't know if the LUGOD folks will be all that interested in
playing with CylantSecure (since much of it is closed source),
but provided that they are all students, it would be free as in
free beer. :)

I know that I would be interested in seeing the kind of feedback
we would get from them.

And, now, unofficially, allow me to gloat a little bit. :)  We
won the Best Security Solution award at LinuxWorld.  We thought
we deserved it, but didn't figure such a tiny company, we're all
of 9 people, would be able to win it.

Anyway, done gloating, and I'm just interested in getting as many
people as possible playing with and using CylantSecure.

Have a good weekend,
scottwimer
--
Scott M. Wimer, CTO			 Cylant