2002 Aug 28 22:39

Re: [vox] Speaker needed for Sept. 16th meeting

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ryan wrote:

> On Monday 26 August 2002 07:14 pm, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

[...]

> > How about "Using LEAF for Personal Firewalls: The Doorstop Project"?  (A
> > "User" geek-o-meter reading).
>
> That would be cool. Personaly I've become frustrated with the large number of
> linux firewall distros. I'm currently using BBIagent, but it's traffic
> shaping features don't seem to work.

I haven't personally used traffic shaping with LEAF, but the kernel is
Linux, so what there is, is available.  There are often tradeoffs in disk
space and library availability in LEAF, but the kernel is standard.

> By doorstop do you mean old hardware?

Yep.  To be fair, LEAF can be put on a nice single board computer with a
CF card to reduce power and space, but the price goes up.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing