2002 Aug 26 19:15

Re: [vox] [OT] Learning to program

Well I'm dating myself here, but: IBM 1620 (ferrite core memory!),
Univac 1108, IBM 370, Motorola 6502, Intel 8086, 80386.  The last
of these I programmed in for about 10 years before bothering to
learn C and its derivatives.  :-)

Of course all of these have pointers, with varying terminology.
Indirection is the ability to reference a memory location which
in turn contains a pointer.  The IBM mainframes didn't use stacks.

Cheers,

-- Rod