2002 Aug 23 09:01

Re: [vox] [mk@itdc.edu: Linux Question]

I have been contacted by a number of admins of schools where they are
runing the whole Macintosh netbooting thing. One of these is a guy for a
K-12, but not in California.

Rob Lineweaver has done a lot of development with Netbooting Macs from
Linux Servers.

Dan Baker is also using Linux as a central server for netbooting Mac OS.

Links to their sites and e-mail addresses are available from:
http://mike.passwall.com/macnc/

I work at a university, so i do not count for K-12. :-(

There is a member of NBLUG (Lincoln Peters (?)) who is a high school
student and has been working at making Linux available on older machines
at his school (Rohnert Park Cotati High School, I think). You can try
speaking with him on the nblug mailing list http://www.nblug.org/ .

Hope this helps.

-ME