2002 Aug 19 11:53

Re: [vox] Neat Thing

On Monday 19 August 2002 10:16 am, you wrote:
> Yes, it is. It has all the good points for living
> though - small community, great weather (cool and
> moist year round)

I love the weather, but that's a minority view.  I just met a woman who moved
from Eureka to Woodland and she loves the weather here.  Supposedly studies
have shown that there is more depression in environments like that in Arcata
and Eureka.  It was foggy there last week and I loved it.

, college town with an open attitude,
> good restaurants (vegatarian too), etc.

Okay, we're talking about Arcata here.  The cultural environment in Eureka
(only six miles away) is very different.  Parts of these two communities do
not like the other.  Old Town Eureka is quite nice, but I'm not sure I'd like
to live in Eureka.

There is also something of a housing shortage up there.  There are gullies
and ravines running through Arcata and Eureka, and there's not a lot of room
for new housing.  But, my brother in law builds houses, so if you need a
contractor let me know.

>The lack of
> job opportunities does give me pause. Starting a
> business in the area might be possible.

There is a lot of unemployment and a shortest of skilled labor at the same
time.

Bob