2002 Aug 18 22:23

Re: [vox] Neat Thing

On Sunday 18 August 2002 09:09 pm, you wrote:
> is that how a place like that can survive?

Don't forget it's a college town.

I just came back from there a couple of days ago.  My sister gave me a tour
of the biology department (cadavers and all) and I pointed out that one of
her colleagues had a Red Hat bumper sticker on the door of his office.  Her
Mac at home is old and she doesn't know if she should get a Mac or a PC.  I
told her to ask her colleague about Linux.  My wife and son gave me some
grief so in a firm voice I mentioned the Linux vs. Windows test I've
previously posted here:  have each OS begin printing a 30 page document, and
while the document is printing have the person who you're trying to persuade
to use Linux sit down and try to use the computer.

Bob