2002 Aug 17 01:15

Re: [vox] hors d'oeuvres at sudwerk

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 06:59:55PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> the spinach dip seems loved by all.   the chips and salsa might be nice
> too.  not very expensive.
>
> bill, can individuals order meals if we wanted to?

PROOOBABLY, but it's best we don't piss 'em off at Sudwerk.
We might be there again in November.

To let everyone know, I didn't have time to check email again before
I had to go down there, so Melissa and I made an emergency decision:

  Meat & Cheese display         ($90.00)
  Spinach Dip                   ($40.00)
  Vegetable Platter             ($40.00)
  Fresh Seasonal Fruit Platter  ($35.00)

The room only holds 80 people, BTW, and I expect we'll be getting
at LEAST that many.  We CAN open the room next to us, if need be.
It seats 30.  There's only an average-sized door between them, though.

I've asked for the microphone and podium, so hopefully if the room next
to us gets used, they'll still be able to hear.  (If we want to get REALLY
complicated, we can see if someone with a video projector can bring one,
and if someone with a camcorder can bring on, and then try to hook them
up and use Sudwerk's screen to project onto.)

FYI, we'll have about 13 tables set up.  Each hold six (three on each side).
They'll be at a ~45 degree angle (like they were when I went to check the
room today), which will help people be able to see.

There'll be one 'display' table (for all of our LUGOD-y stuff) in a nook
in one corner, and a small square display for Maddog to stow his drink
and anything else he needs while talking.

The hors d'oeuvres will be set up on a table towards the back (near the
door to the 2nd room; if we USE the 2nd room, we can set the food up in
there, since that makes way more sense).

At this point, food costs are hitting just over $200, but if we get 80 people
to show up, and charge people $5 bucks each for eating rights, we're
WAY more than covered.

We can either stick the profits in LUGOD's bank, or donate them to EFF, or
do both.  (I think if we get so many people eating that $5/person gives us
a good profit, we may as well not bother with the donation basket.)

-bill!
pr@lugod.org