2002 Aug 16 16:53

[vox] Re: OT (SPAM) "Someone you know has a crush on you!"

[vox] Re: OT (SPAM) "Someone you know has a crush on you!"

I've gotten messages from a similar service called "CrushLink". Never
did figure out who it was that sent it, but in the process I sent a
couple of cryptic "you have a crush" messages to a couple of girls.

>Next, I did a traceroute to find their next door neighbor to get to
>me. Found that hostname, and tried to see if their postmaster, root,
>admin, abuse, administrator, info or help users had a crush on me.
>
>I tracked to the backbone ISP and included them. Next I included other
>people who may have crushes on me like the president, bill gates, some
>other happy people, then I included what may have been an open relay used
>to send the message. Also included some other spammer's mail servers
>reverse lookup DNS/MX. I think I have run out of people who probably have
>crushes on me.

There's a reason that spamcop exists. To save you from having to do all
of these searches yourself.

Nonetheless, I still haven't figured out what it is you're trying to
figure out.