2002 Aug 15 17:13

[vox] OT (SPAM) "Someone you know has a crush on you!"

[vox] OT (SPAM) "Someone you know has a crush on you!"

How many of you have gotten e-mail messages like this?
(at bottom)

A friend of mine is often pulling jokes on me, sending me stupid greeting
cards with silly pictures, so I thought this might be him. I visited the
link, and it asks for a new password to go with the message.

So, now, I am targeted for actually looking at the content of this
message that was probably spam, and they will probably try to hit me
again. Anyway, so I sign in and the only thing it asks is for me to guess
who has a crush on me.... by e-mail address!

You see, you are supposed to enter in e-mail addresses of people you think
have a crush on you. WOW! What a brilliant way to harvest e-mail
addresses!

It could very well be a "real" service that does not harvest e-mail
addresses. If it is, then there is no harm. However, I decided to have a
little fun. :-D (At no time did I guess e-mail addresses of people I know
personally.)

My first guess included abuse, postmaster, root, admin, administrator,
info, help and spamsucks @rbmailsource.com

My next guess included the same "users" at sendacrush.com. (Which happens
to be the same IP.)

Next, I did a traceroute to find their next door neighbor to get to
me. Found that hostname, and tried to see if their postmaster, root,
admin, abuse, administrator, info or help users had a crush on me.

I tracked to the backbone ISP and included them. Next I included other
people who may have crushes on me like the president, bill gates, some
other happy people, then I included what may have been an open relay used
to send the message. Also included some other spammer's mail servers
reverse lookup DNS/MX. I think I have run out of people who probably have
crushes on me.

Does anyone have other suggestions for e-mail addresses who may have a
crush on me? (heee heee heee)

]:>

-ME

----- Forwarded message from Send A Crush <editor-4854@eros.rbmailsource.com> -----