2002 Aug 14 14:30

Re: [vox] lugod faq update: broadband in davis

Re: [vox] lugod faq update: broadband in davis

Quoting Ryan (ryan@mother.com):

> Cal.net. Watch out, their EULA prevents servers without permission.

http://front.cal.net/form_acceptableuse.cfm

   "Hosting of any content or service (email, web, etc.) on your user
   access account is expressly prohibited unless specifically authorized
   in writing by Cal.Net Internet Services."

The cynic in me suspects that this policy is not enforced against people
using MS-Windows File and Print Sharing, which is, of course, an
advertised network service.  There is widespread hypocrisy on that
point, nationwide.

--
"Is it not the beauty of an asynchronous form of discussion that one can go and
make cups of tea, floss the cat, fluff the geraniums, open the kitchen window