2002 Aug 10 16:03

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> I must admit it seems unwise to argue the color of the sky with
> someone who apparently refuses to look up, but nobody ever said I was
> wise anyway; so, here goes:

You appear to be trying to change the subject.  I was discussing
Mr. Wergedal's assertion Linux and workstations.

Since you appear to frantically attempting to discuss something else,
I believe we're done.

>> So, do you think "Linux is gaining ground in the server arena and not on
>> the desktop" sounds like someone's "belief or opinion", or an assertion of
>> fact?  I'm curious.
>
> I believe the quote from me above rather implies the answer to your
> question. "Belief or opinion", naturally. As you so lucidly pointed
> out, who could back it up with facts?
>--
>
> (Note that your response clearly attributes the sentence to me, which
> is correct)

I did _not_ attibute the quoted sentence to you:  It was not your
sentence.  It was Mr. Wergedal's.

> You had no remaining quotes from Andy Wergedal in the post I have
> listed first above. In what way is your sentence above correct, then?

Which part of "Linux is gaining ground in the server arena and not on
the desktop" being Mr. Wergedal's assertion are you still failing to
understand?

> A change of subject from what?

Your assertion.  Attempting to question _me_ is a dodge.

> I can't help noticing that you seem to want to pretend the subject is
> something that changes as it suits you.

I'm sorry to hear about your perception problems.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell