2002 Aug 10 14:32

Re: [vox] "Sun Casts Shadow Before Linux Gathering"

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
> ME writes:
>  > On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Micah Cowan wrote:
>  > > I dunno - I can forgive that easily enough; it's the "does not yet
>  > > have the reliability and power of older Unix systems" that baffles
>  > > me. I guess that all depends on what kernel version you decide to
>  > > use...
>  >
>  > Perhaps, logically speaking, if Linux has *more* reliability and power
>  > than older *NIX systems, then the above can still be true. ];>
>
> Hm... although if you ask me if I have two cups of flour,
> and I answer that I don't, and you later discover that I had eight,
> this technical truth from a very limited POV will not be enough to
> keep you from kicking my a$$...

Heh. :-) Naw, I would not kick your ass. After all, you have the 8 cups of
flour and I wanted to borrow two of them. Who would I be to kick someone's
ass when I wanted to borrow flour anyway, Microsoft? If that were the
case, the cake made with that flour that people would eat would include an
EULA for eating the cake which allowed me to interrogate their body and
upgrade any parts I wished at any time without further consent. (Read new
EULA with SP3 for W2K.) Besides, I dont know if I *could* kick your ass,
cause I am just a nerd.

Another way we could "spin" their statements is to state that Linux has
*always* been more stable and more powerful. (The former would be a lie,
and the later borders on a lie. Both can be made "truthful" if we redefine
"stable" and "more powerful".) The point is, that if we assume Linux has
always been more reliable and powerful than other *NIX systems, then we
could further cloud the issue by suggesting other *NIX systems have never
had great stability and reliability when compared to Linux and Linux has
just not become as bad as them.

Hey. If MS can spin stuff, why can't I? :-D

-ME

P.S. Do you have 2 cups of flour?  hee hee...