2002 Aug 11 14:31

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

Quoting Micah Cowan (micah@cowan.name):

> In the absence of hard facts, it is often acceptible to state one's
> belief or opinion, based on personal observations.

So, do you think "Linux is gaining ground in the server arena and not on
the desktop" sounds like someone's "belief or opinion", or an assertion of
fact?  I'm curious.

> I'm no zealot....

I've noticed that factual questions usually aren't fruitfully addressed
by pronouncing whether the speaker is a zealot or not.

> The right tool for the job is my creed.

You know, it would be _so_ refreshing to find someone whose motto is
"the wrong tool for the job".  I just can't seem to find any.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell