2002 Aug 10 21:02

Re: [vox] word processing software (was: visio on linux)

--- Tim Riley <timriley@timriley.net> wrote:
> What is Enterprise software?

Enterprise software is for large companies (1,000+
employees) that affects the entire business. Like ERM
(Enterprise Resource Management - keeping track of the
employees time and costs), CRM (Customer Resource
Management - Keeping track of customers), Accounting, and
other systems like that. These solutions usually run on
high-availability, fail-over systems that must not fail.

I know that my description defines a great avenue for
Linux, but that why Linux is gaining ground in the Server
arena and not on the desktop.

-- Andy