2002 Aug 09 22:23

Re: [vox] Fry's has Linux PCs!

Quoting David Margolis (margolid@ecs.csus.edu):

> ThizLinux is the distribution (I believe) found on the $299 PCs at
> walmart.

Walmart.com (on-line sales only).  And that's Linux-Mandrake 8.2 (or
alternatively Lindows).

I've so far in the USA seen ThizLinux only on the Fry's Electronics
preloads.

> There is a very nice write up of a similar distribution (by similar I
> mean both are desktop oriented/ease of use emphasis) called Lycoris LX
> (http://www.lycoris.com/) in the August PCWorld.

Libranet, and boxed-set versions of SuSE have also impressed me in that
sense.  (The publicly-distributable SuSE ISO is several versions back.)

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell